Saturday, March 17, 2012

Acts 1:8

Friday 3/16/12

Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Interpretation:
     A couple verses earlier, the disciples had a one-track mind. They were egocentric and were concerned about the kingdom in the nation of Israel. However, here Jesus makes it clear that He’s not just concerned about Israel but all of the world. He has chosen people from all nations according to Revelation 7:9: “After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one  could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, with white robes, with palm branches in their hands…”
     Jesus is not a respecter of people or nations. He desires that all should come to repentance and be saved. I know I’m going to be going to El Salvador soon and that I’ll be a witness for Jesus there. But while I’m waiting to physically go to another country, I can still play a part in the people’s salvation all around the world by praying for them. I can also prepare myself by asking God to empower me with His Holy Spirit so that I’ll be a witness for Him wherever I am currently, whether it be Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, or the end of the earth.

Application:
     I will ask God to empower me with His Holy Spirit today so that I will be a witness for Him. I will also take extra time in prayer today to pray for the salvation of specific people that I know as well as groups of people around the world that need to know Him as their personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment