Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Update

Hi Everyone,
     So it’s nearing the end of my time here at the ranch. It’s amazing to think that I’ve been here almost three months. In some ways, time seems to have flown by, and yet in other ways, it couldn’t have gone fast enough because I can’t wait to get into the field and start working with the kids in El Salvador.
     I’ll be home on March 28th in just 11 more short days! I’m so excited to see everyone back home. I’ll get two weeks at home until April 13th when I’ll be flying out to Houston to meet up with my other two teammates (Jesse and Shaquannah). From there, we’ll be flying to El Salvador for six months until October 3rd. Then we’ll fly back to the ranch in Montana for another month. This time will be a debriefing time where our team will be able to meet up with the Costa Rica team and Kenya team. Then on November 5th I’ll finally be flying home.
     Even though I have less than two weeks here at the ranch God has been continuing to do great things in my life. He has been putting it on my heart to pray for the kids in El Salvador that my heart would be greatly burdened for them. I know that the greater the burden He gives me for the people I’m going to be serving, the better I can serve. He’s also been putting it on my heart to continually ask Him to make Himself the greatest desire in my heart so that I could be content with Him and Him alone.
     As this chapter of my journey comes to a close and the next chapter on the mission field in El Salvador is about to begin, I can’t wait to see God surpass my wildest imaginations concerning the things that He’s going to continue to do in and through me. Please continue to lift me up in your prayers, and thanks as always for the support and prayers you all give back home on my behalf. God bless you all.
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment