Thursday, March 1, 2012

Feburary Update

Hello Everyone,
     So the past month has been great. For the most part it’s been the regular schedule, but we did get to do some cool stuff. For instance, one thing we did one Friday night was go to a rodeo. We got to see some real Montana bull riding. It was great going to my first rodeo. They even had an ambulance there in case anyone needed to go to the hospital. (Don’t worry, nobody did.) I can’t really tell you what was more entertaining about the rodeo, watching the guys riding bulls or watching them try to get the bulls back inside the gate afterward.
     However, bull riding wasn’t the only cool thing we got to do this month. Last weekend, we went over Bruce’s house for some pizza. (Bruce heads up the maintenance department at the ranch; he and his wife are great.) Well, I was told before, that his house is probably the most photographed house in all of Montana; and when I got there I could see first-hand why. It was like a museum! He had so many animals that he had hunted mounted around his house. On the walls were deer and moose heads. There were bear furs too, but the walls were so crowded with the other animals, that the bear furs were on the ceiling. He even had a bobcat he had shot! It was pretty neat to see.
     Although there’s only a few weeks left, one thing I’m pretty excited about is that I’ve been asked to teach some beginning Spanish to the other interns that are going to El Salvador and Costa Rica. For the last few weeks we are here, I’ll be teaching Spanish for one hour a day, twice a week. I’m thankful I can use my skills that God has given me for His glory by helping others get a little more equipped for the field. I must admit, though, teaching Spanish in and of itself is pretty fun too.
     It’s weird to think that we have less than four weeks here at the ranch. On top of that, it makes it even weirder to know that we interns will be splitting up and going to different countries for six months and won’t be seeing each other after we got so close these past weeks. But by the time we meet back at the ranch around October, I’m sure we’ll have so much to share with each other. Please continue to keep me and everyone else at the ranch in prayer. I can’t mention enough how powerful prayer can be. There may be less than four weeks left here at the ranch for me, but God keeps reminding me that that’s plenty of time for Him to continue the great work He’s already started.
Philippians 1:6: Being confident of this  very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment