Thursday, March 29, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Mark 10:29-30 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

     Well, I came home yesterday afternoon. I'm here for a little over two weeks until April 13th when I'll fly to El Salvador. It's obviously great to see my family again. But besides family, the number one thing I missed most was working with the kids at church. Since my plane landed in the afternoon, I got to go to church last night and see the 3rd to 5th grade boys in Awana again. I'm so glad I got to go. I missed working with them so much and it was such a blessing. It's going to be difficult to leave them again in a couple weeks, but even though I know I'll miss them, I'm reminded of Mark 10:29-30. I know that as I leave Massachuseets and go to El Salvador, that there will be so many kids there that I'll fall in love with and be able to minister to just as God has given me a heart for the kids here at church and has used me to minister to them. And even though I might not physically be here working with the kids at my church, they'll still be in my prayers while I'm in El Salvador loving, building relationships, and ministering to the great number of El Salvadoran kids that God will bring in my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment