Thursday, February 23, 2012

Proverbs 31:7

Thursday 2/23/12

Proverbs 31:7 Let him drink and forget his poverty, And remember his misery no more.

Interpretation:
     I believe it was when I was twelve (if not younger) that I always had a heart to work with orphans, especially in Latin or South America. As I got older, God gave me a desire to work with street kids as well. I remember learning how some street kids would sniff glue to prevent hunger pains. If it was cold where they lived, sniffing glue would also help deaden their senses so that they would not feel the cold. It’s not even like they’re necessarily doing it just to get high – it’s more like a survival technique to avoid the pain. Many times, I’ve prayed for these kids who don’t have enough to eat and have asked God to use me to minister to them. I knew He would because He’s put that desire in my heart, and as Psalm 37:4 says, “Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.”
     It’s so neat now to look back and know that I’ve had the desire to help these orphans and street kids for a while, and now here I am about to go to El Salvador in a month and a half to do just that – work with kids and orphans. God is so good! And I can’t wait to go to El Salvador. But although I’m not on the mission field yet, what I can do now is lift up these kids in these other countries who are abandoned and living on the streets with no possessions and no hope. I can pray that God not only provides for their physical needs but that He also gives them the spiritual hope that comes only from His Son Jesus.

Application:
     I will lift up the street kids and orphans who are abandoned. I will pray for their spiritual as well as physical welfare. In addition, I will ask God to continually burden my heart for such kids that I might become a prayer warrior for the helpless and orphaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment