Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Acts 3:6

Monday 1/30/12
Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”

Interpretation:
     In verse 2, the Bible tells us that this man was lame from birth and that he was carried. So imagine yourself as this guy. Your whole life, you’ve never had the strength to walk. You see everyone else doing it – even small children; but you yourself can’t. No matter how hard you try, you just don’t have the strength in you. Did this guy try going to a doctor to see if the doctor could give him the strength? Did he resign himself to just begging and collecting money from kind people like the culture expected him to? Did he ever think that he would rise up and walk again? Unfortunately, this side of Heaven we can only guess what was going through this guy’s mind. We can only ponder what he must have thought about his situation and his lack of strength to walk. However, this one day, which started out just like any other day, one name was about to change his life forever. Through the name of Jesus, this man was about to get the strength he never had before to experience a whole new life.
     We are this lame man. No, we might not be lame physically; but in and of ourselves, we all lack strength at least at one time or another. We all lack strength in times to walk the Christian life God has called us to. But that can all change in our lives as it changed in this man’s life. And again, the way it changes is by one simple name – the name of Jesus.

Application:
     Today, I am going to ask God to give me the strength to walk my Christian life through Him. I’m going to ask Him to help me through any trial, temptation, or hardship I might face today because without Him, I can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment