Friday, February 24, 2012

Proverbs 31:8

Friday 2/24/12

Proverbs 31:8 Open your mouth for the speechless, In the cause of all who are appointed to die.

Interpretation:
     It has been said that the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body – not because of its physical strength, but because in it are held the words of life and death. Speaking of the tongue, James 3:9 says “With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.” I personally want to be one who does the former action of blessing God with the tongue that He has given me.
     So often, I’m content to sit alone and either just listen to other people talk or if I do talk, I’ll usually just talk “surface talk” with them. However, the problem with surface talk is that it doesn’t reach deep down in a person’s life. There may be something that remains unspoken, perhaps something they are struggling with or something that God can use me to minister to them. However, ministry and having an impact will never happen if I’m not willing to open my mouth and invest my time and speech into a person’s life. Only God knows the heart, but if we let Him, He can use our mouths to reach the areas of a person’s life that are speechless. He can use our tongues to help the cause of those who are hurting inside and feel like they are appointed to die.
Application:
     I will tell God that I am available to be used by Him if He wants me to step out of my comfort zone and speak to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment