Monday, January 23, 2012

1 Corinthians 12:3

Tuesday 1/24/12

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

Interpretation:
     According to this verse, we can’t even say Jesus is Lord without the Holy Spirit. I’m reminded of John 15:5b where Jesus says, "…Without Me you can do nothing.” Later in the chapter Jesus continues and says, “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit…” (John 15:16a) Looking at these verses, we see how instrumental God is in a person’s salvation and their growth as a Christian after salvation. It is God who does the work in that person’s heart. John 14:26 talks about the Holy Spirit being our helper. Obviously, the Holy Spirit plays a major role in our lives as Christians.
     Hopefully it goes without saying, but I greatly desire to follow God, obey Him, and love Him. However, many times I find myself messing up or having very little strength. I need to be aware that the Christian life is not difficult but impossible. I need the Holy Spirit’s help every moment of the day.

Application:
     I will ask God to empower me with the Holy Spirit so I can bring Him glory and live my Christian life in God’s strength and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment