Friday, January 27, 2012

1 Corinthians 12:7

Thursday 1/26/12

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all.

Interpretation:
     A definition of manifest is as follows: readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain. If something is manifest, it is obvious and plain. We as people rely heavily on our physical senses. If we touch something, we know it’s there; if we see something, we have no problem believing (for the most part – magic tricks excluded). However, when it comes to spiritual matters, some people think that God and the spiritual world are vague concepts that aren’t as real as the physical. I know for me, while I know that the spiritual world is real, I find it hard to be certain of things that God is sharing with me. If I hear His voice, I struggle with having faith that it is God speaking to me and not my own thoughts. Many times, I come to God, but don’t expect Him to speak clearly to me or answer my questions plainly. If He does, I shrug it off as an exception rather than the usual. However, the Bible says that God did not give us a Spirit of confusion. He desires to speak plainly to us. He’s not teasing us or playing hard to get.

Application:
     I need to realize that God desires to make Himself known to me and reveal Himself to me. Whenever I go before God, I need to expect Him to answer me plainly and ask Him to give me the faith to believe that He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment