Monday, January 23, 2012

Mark 8:37

Thursday 1/19/12

Mark 8:37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Interpretation:
     What will man give in exchange for his soul? Nothing. Oh, he can try; but the fact is that man has nothing good enough that’s worth his soul – not works, riches, or religion. Fortunately, Jesus does. His life for our life. But even then, Jesus is the One who gets the shorter end of the bargain. Yet, the Bible says that for the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross. He did it to ransom my soul. Romans 8:32 says, “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things.” Jesus made the trade to ransom my soul when I couldn’t, and on top of that He wants to give me all good things. However, the catch is that all these good things are given with Him. These good things are wrapped up in Jesus. And yet, many times I look elsewhere for fulfillment in my life instead of to the One who already saved my soul and now promises to fill it – and fill it freely at that!

Application:
     I’m going to take at least thirty minutes today in prayer and God’s Word thanking God for saving me and asking Him to fill me with Himself, making me willing to lay down any other things I thing I might need to make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment