Monday, January 23, 2012

Mark 8:35

Tuesday 1/17/12

Mark 8:35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.

Interpretation:
     “I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly,” Jesus said. So often, I try to hold onto my life. I have desires and plans for my future that I believe would make me the happiest. It’s difficult for me to trust God and be patient for His timing and His ways. I find myself wanting to hold onto my life, my plans, and my timing; and I end up getting worried when God intervenes and allows something else to happen or calls me in a different direction that I was hoping for. But in reality, God knows what’s best and only has thoughts to give me a future and a hope.

Application:
     Today, I need to trust God that whenever something doesn’t go as I plan, He is still in control. I need to be willing to lose my life and my plans for the day so that when something unexpected or unwanted happens, I can trust God is doing what He wants in my life. My goal today is to not get anxious or upset when it seems something’s not going the way I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment