Monday, January 23, 2012

Acts 2:45

Thursday 1/12/12

Acts 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.

Interpretation:
    The Bible says “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Where were these Christians’ treasures? They sold them and gave to their brothers and sisters in Christ. They invested in other Christians. As they knew the money they gave the church helped fulfill the needs of other Christians, I’m sure their heart grew more in love with their fellow Christians. Thing about it: you just sold your favorite extra pair of sandals, wondering if you made the right choice as you give the money to the church. The next day, you come to church and see a widow with her six children giving thanks to God for the food they could eat that day for breakfast. You know God is a good God and would have provided for the widow and her children either way, but you also know that God had used you to help, all because you were willing to give of yourself and esteem others better than yourself.

Application:
     I want to love others more. However, it usually becomes difficult as selfishness and pride sneak into my heart. I want to deny myself and invest in my brothers and sisters in Christ by praying for them and their struggles. As I do this, my prayer is that my heart would go out to them as I find myself loving them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment