Monday, January 23, 2012

Mark 8:38

Friday 1/20/12

Mark 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.

Interpretation:
     Usually, if I’m ashamed of something, I want to distance myself from it. Here, Jesus is talking about someone who is ashamed of Him and His Word, yet it is in His Word where we find Him, truth, and the path to life. I don’t want to be ashamed or distance myself from God or His Word.

Application:
     Lately, it’s been a challenge for me to spend time in God’s Word in the mornings before I start my day. Tomorrow morning, I’m going to take at least thirty minutes alone with God to read His Word, pray, and just be with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment